Here we have another Worship Quote of the Week on the topic of "prayer" from C. S. Lewis.
EFFICACY OF PRAYER
"Prayer is either a sheer illusion or a personal contact between embryonic, incomplete persons (ourselves) and the utterly concrete Person. Prayer in the sense of petition, asking for things, is a small part of it; confession and penitence are its threshold, adoration its sanctuary, the presence and vision and enjoyment of God its bread and wine. In it God shows Himself to us. That He answers prayer is a corollary - not necessarily the most important one - from that revelation. What He does is learned from what He is."
- C. S. Lewis, "The Efficacy of Prayer," in The World's Last Night and Other Essays, 1959.
(Open Book) Quiz on the above Lewis quote:
1. Threshold of prayer = __________
2. Sanctuary of prayer = __________
3. Bread and wine of prayer = __________
4. Where can I spend some valuable time? __________
Have a great week!
To learn more about Chip Stam and his Worship Quote of the Week, click below.